Create tasks to get the needed work done in time. Choose files to assign translators and proofreaders to, set due dates. Receive notifications about all the changes and updates in tasks. Communicate with other project participants in comments. Access Project Tasks from the Project Page.
Creating a New Task
- Click Create Task.
Note: One task can be assigned to one project only.
- Fill in the Task Name and Description fields.
- Set the following parameters:
Assign users to the task for each language separately. Click Create Task.
- Type – choose between Translate, Proofread, and Translate by vendor
Note: In the Proofread mode, all the strings in the file, excluding the approved ones, would be added to the task.
- Due Date (optional) – set a deadline
- Strings – choose all the strings or only the modified ones during a specific period of time. In case you choose the modified strings only those would be added to the task, not the whole file
- Filter by labels (optional) – select the labels that the filtered strings should be marked with
- Skip strings included in other tasks – select or clear the Skip strings already included in other tasks option depending on your preferences
- Files – choose from the list of all the project files the ones that should be translated or require proofreading
- Languages – as many languages you choose as many tasks will be created. The words column will show you the total number of words that would be added to the task
To speed up the translation or proofreading process split the files between several users. For that choose the Split Files option in the Assigning users dialogue. You can set the approximate amount of words for each person to work with.
Viewing the Tasks Board
The tasks board allows you to see all the tasks assigned to the current project sorted by languages. All the tasks assigned to you are marked with a star sign before the task name.
Changing the Task Status
To change the task status choose the task assigned to you and drag it to the column with the status you need.
Note: Only project owners and managers can change the task status for all the tasks in the project.
Closing the task
To close the task when it is ready simply click Close.
To see the list of closed tasks click Closed.
This view allows you to:
- Open editor to see the strings attached to the task
- View the task information (click on the task name)
Viewing Task Details
To view the task details click on the task name. Task details allow you to:
Tasks List on the Profile Page
To view, all the tasks assigned to you go to your Profile Page and open the To Do tab.
View the tasks on the following two boards:
Tasks list allows you to see:
- The task name and the project it belongs to
- Task status (To Do/In Progress/Done)
- Open strings attached to the task in Online Editor (click Open Editor)
- Archive the task (click Archive)
- See the due date (if there is one)
- The number of untranslated words
Q: How the source file updates affect the existing translation and proofreading tasks?
A: After the source file update, the list of source strings included in the task will be updated the following way:
- The strings removed from the source file during the update will be removed from the task.
- The modified strings marked with the Keep Translations option will appear in the task with the new modified text.
- The newly added strings won’t affect the existing task in any way.
If the source file is restored to the revision, containing the removed strings, they will reappear in the task.