Create tasks to get the needed work done in time. Choose files to assign translators and proofreaders to, set due dates. Receive notifications about all the changes and updates in tasks. Communicate with other project participants in comments. Access Project Tasks from the Project Page.
Creating a New Task
- Click Create Task.
Note: One task can be assigned to one project only.
- Fill in the Task Name and Description fields.
- Set the following parameters:
- Type – choose between Translation and Proofreading
Note: in Proofreading mode, all the strings in the file, excluding the approved ones, would be added to the task.
- Due Date (optional) – set a deadline
- Strings – choose all the strings or only the modified ones during a specific period of time. In case you choose the modified strings only those would be added to the task, not the whole file
- Files – choose from the list of all the project files the ones that should be translated or require proofreading
- Languages – as many languages you choose as many tasks will be created. The words column will show you the total number of words that would be added to the task
To speed up the translation or proofreading process split the files between several users. For that choose the Split Files option in the Assigning users dialogue. You can set the approximate amount of words for each person to work with.
Viewing the Tasks Board
The tasks board allows you to see all the tasks assigned to the current project sorted by languages. All the tasks assigned to you are marked with a star sign before the task name.
Changing the Task Status
To change the task status choose the task assigned to you and drag it to the column with the status you need.
Note: Only project owners and managers can change the task status for all the tasks in the project.
Closing the task
To close the task when it is ready simply click Close.
To see the list of closed tasks click Closed.
This view allows you to:
- Open editor to see the strings attached to the task
- View the task information (click on the task name)
Viewing Task Details
To view the task details click on the task name. Task details allow you to:
- Open strings attached to you in Online Editor (click Translate on the top of the page)
- Open strings attached to each user separately in Online Editor (click View strings in Translators section)
- Change the task status (To Do/In Progress/Done)
- Edit, close or delete task (click More Options button for that)
- See the task name, description, details, dates, resources
- See who created the task and assignees along with files they should work on
- See the progress of the task
- Write comments (to mention somebody use the “@” sign)
Note: you can only mention users that have access to the project and the language the task is created for.
Tasks List on the Profile Page
To view, all the tasks assigned to you go to your Profile Page and open the To Do tab.
View the tasks on the following two boards:
- All – all the tasks assigned to you
- Archive – the tasks you archived are shown only here and are hidden on the All board
Note: In case you archive the task that is assigned to several users, it would be shown on the Archived board for you and remain on the All board for the other users.
Tasks list allows you to see:
- The task name and the project it belongs to
- Task status (To Do/In Progress/Done)
- Open strings attached to the task in Online Editor (click Open Editor)
- Archive the task (click Archive)
- See the due date (if there is one)
- The number of untranslated words