Integration with Atlassian Jira allows you to keep track of issues, related to the source strings and translations, reported by users working on the project translation in Crowdin Enterprise.
With current integration the following issues reported in Crowdin Enterprise are supported for Jira dashboard:
- General issues
- Lack of context issues
- Translation issues
- Source string issues
Each synchronized issue type would have the task named after it in Jira. Each issue reported in Crowdin Enterprise will then create a sub-task in the corresponding Jira task.
Note: Integration turns off email notifications about those project issues in Crowdin Enterprise that are chosen to be synchronized with Jira.
To set up Jira integration you need to:
- Open the project and go to Resources > Integrations & API. Scroll down to the Jira Software section and click Connect.
- Enter the Base URL of your Jira project and click Set Up Integration.
You’ll then access Providing Access to Your Jira Project dialogue.
- Set up Application Link in Jira:
3.1 Log in to JIRA as a user with Jira Administrator permissions.
3.2 Open Jira settings > Products > Application Links.
3.3 Enter your Crowdin Enterprise URL and click Create new link.
Due to Jira functionality, it sometimes does not receive the response from the entered URL. If you see the message below check the provided URL to be correct and click Continue.
3.4 Fill all the required fields in dialogue windows and click Continue to finish configuring the link:
- Application name: your_project_name Integration
- Select the Create incoming link box
- Consumer Key: Crowdin Enterprise
- Consumer Name: Crowdin Enterprise
- Public Key: get from Providing Access to Your Jira Project dialogue in Crowdin Enterprise
- Go back to Crowdin Enterprise and click Next in the Providing Access to Your Jira Project dialogue.
Allow read and write access to project data in Jira. Crowdin Enterprise will use this access to help the integration run properly.
- Choose Jira project key, select types and configure settings of Crowdin Enterprise issues that should be synchronized with your Jira project.
Jira issue settings available are:
- Labels (Optional)
- Click Save.
Once you set up the integration you can synchronize already existing issues in Crowdin Enterprise (if any). There would be a short message telling you how many issues aren’t synchronized yet. To synchronize them click Sync Issues.
Managing Jira Settings
To change the integration settings click Settings and apply the necessary changes. Updated settings will apply only to the newly synchronized issues. All the issues synchronized before would remain without any changes.
Note: If you change the Jira roject key already synchronized issues will remain sub-tasks in Jira, but won’t be resolved in Crowdin Enterprise automatically.
To delete the integration click Delete Integration.
Note: All synchronized issues will remain sub-tasks in Jira, but won’t be resolved in Crowdin Enterprise automatically.