Create and assign tasks to get files translated or proofread by specific people. You can set the due dates, split words between people and receive notifications about the changes and updates in tasks.
Create New Task
- Open the Project page.
- Go to Translations > Tasks and click New Task.
- Set the task parameters:
- Workflow step – choose the necessary step from the project workflow.
- Due Date (optional) – set a deadline.
- Strings – choose either All ToDo strings on the selected step or only the modified ones during a specific period of time. In case you choose the modified strings only those would be added to the task, not the whole file.
- Filter by labels (optional) – select the labels that the filtered strings should be marked with.
- Skip strings included in other tasks – select or clear the Skip strings already included in other tasks option depending on your preferences.
- Files – choose files that should be translated or require proofreading.
- Languages – if you choose different languages, separate tasks for each language will be created. The Words to do column shows the total number of words added to the task.
- After you select languages, click Assign to choose responsible project members.
- Name the task and add a description, if necessary.
- Click Create.
To speed up the translation or proofreading process, split files between several users. For that, enable the Split Files option in the Assign users dialogue. You can set the approximate amount of words for each person.
The task board allows you to see all the tasks in the project.
Use a filter to check the tasks assigned to a particular person.
To change the task details:
- Go to All Tasks tab.
- Click on the top of the task you’d like to change.
- Open the menu by clicking More in the right upper corner.
- Select Edit.
- Click Update.
Change Task Status
To change the task status, choose the task assigned to you and drag it to the column with the status you need.
Note: Only admins can change the task status for all the tasks in the project.
To close the task when it is ready, move it to the Done column and click Close Task.
To see the list of closed tasks, go to Closed Tasks tab.
To see all the tasks assigned to you, go to your Workspace and choose Tasks on the left.
You can see your tasks in the following two tabs:
- All tasks – all the tasks assigned to you. You can search for tasks within particular projects using a filter.
- Archived – the tasks you archived.
Q: How the source file updates affect the existing translation and proofreading tasks?
A: After the source file update, the list of source strings included in the task will be updated the following way:
- The strings removed from the source file during the update will be removed from the task.
- The modified strings marked with the Keep Translations option will appear in the task with the new modified text.
- The newly added strings won’t affect the existing task in any way.
If the source file is restored to the revision, containing the removed strings, they will reappear in the task.