Integration with Atlassian Jira allows you to keep track of source string and translation issues reported by users working on the project translation in Crowdin Enterprise.
With current integration, the following issue types reported in Crowdin Enterprise are supported for the Jira dashboard:
- General issues
- Lack of context issues
- Translation issues
- Source string issues
Each synchronized issue type will have the task named after it in Jira. Each issue reported in Crowdin Enterprise will then create a sub-task in the corresponding Jira task.
Note: Integration turns off email notifications about those project issues in Crowdin Enterprise chosen to be synchronized with Jira.
If you close one of the issues in Jira, a new one will be created as soon as a new issue in Crowdin Enterprise is reported.
Note: Shared issues should by resolved manually in your Crowdin Enterprise project after resolving them in Jira.
Read more about Shared Issues.
Connecting Jira with Crowdin Enterprise
To connect Jira with your project in Crowdin Enterprise, follow these steps:
- Open your project and go to Integrations > System.
- Click on Jira Software in the Integrations list.
- Введите базовый URL-адрес вашего Jira проекта и нажмите ** Настроить интеграцию. You’ll then access the **Providing Access to Your Jira Project dialog.
- Configure an Application Link in Jira:
Note: Only project administrators can set up Application Links.
- Log in to Jira as a user with the Jira Administrator permissions.
- Go to Jira settings > Products > Application Links.
- Enter your Crowdin Enterprise organization’s URL and click Create new link. Due to Jira functionality, it sometimes does not receive the response from the entered URL. If you see the message below, check the provided URL to be correct and click Continue.
- Fill in all the required fields in dialog windows and click Continue to finish configuring the link:
- Application name: Crowdin Enterprise Integration
- Application type: Generic Application
- Select Create incoming link and click Continue
- Consumer Key: Crowdin Enterprise
- Consumer Name: Crowdin Enterprise
- Public Key: copy it from the Providing Access to Your Jira Project dialog in Crowdin Enterprise
Click Continue to finalize the Application Link setup.
- Go back to Crowdin Enterprise and click Next in the Providing Access to Your Jira Project dialog.
- Allow read and write access to project data in Jira. Crowdin Enterprise will use this access to help the integration run correctly.
- Choose the Jira project key, select types and configure settings of Crowdin issues that you’d like to be synchronized with your Jira project.
Jira issue settings available are:
- Ярлык (необязательно)
Note: The status values that you can select are taken only from the Done status category in Jira.
- Click Save.
Once you set up the integration, you can synchronize already existing issues in Crowdin Enterprise (if any). A short message would tell you how many issues aren’t synchronized yet. To synchronize them, click Sync Issues.
Managing Jira Integration Settings
To change the integration settings, click Settings and apply the necessary changes. Updated settings will apply only to the newly synchronized issues. All the issues synchronized before will remain without any changes.
Note: If you change the Jira project key, already synchronized issues will remain as sub-tasks in Jira but won’t be resolved in Crowdin Enterprise automatically.
To delete the integration, click Delete Integration.
Note: All synchronized issues will remain as sub-tasks in Jira, but won’t be resolved in Crowdin Enterprise automatically.