Configure .csv and .xlsx files after the upload to specify how to import data from these files into your project.
To specify the file configuration scheme, first upload .csv or .xlsx file in the Project Settings, Files tab.
Then, click Configure next to the file and the configuration window will open.
To import every cell as a separate string, choose Import all texts option.
In other cases, choose Configure columns for import and map the appropriate columns:
- Identifier — the column contains a unique identifier of the source string
- Source string — this column contains the actual text that should be translated
- Source string/translation — Crowdin should consider texts in this column as the source strings for translation and replace them with the translated texts when downloading the resulting file
- Translation — the resulting translations are placed in this column
- Context — any contextual information that helps to better understand the meaning of the source strings
- Max. length — defines the max. length of the translated texts
In case several files have the same configuration scheme, create a template by clicking the Templates button. Apply it to the newly imported files.
Click Save & Import to proceed.
If your file contains several columns with translations into different languages, select Multilingual Spreadsheet and map the languages to the appropriate columns.
Dealing with Column Headers
In order not to translate the column headers, select Do not import the first row (header).
Reset Spreadsheet Configuration
Edit button serves to reset the spreadsheet configuration and delete the columns which were manually added.
Configure Several Files at the Same Time
To configure several selected .csv or .xlsx files click the right mouse button and click configure files.
To configure all the .csv or .xlsx files at once click Configure All at the top of the Files tab.
In the configuration window, you’ll be able to switch between the selected files to preview and check if the applied configuration is correct for all the of them.