Machine translation engines integrated with Crowdin provide tips from the automatic translation services like Google Translator, Microsoft Translate and Yandex Translate. Suggestions made by machine engines are displayed in the Editor, under the translators’ suggestions field. Also, you can do pre-translate using machine translation engines.
By default, machine translations are enabled for each project, but it is required to configure the translation engines before the project participants will be able to use them. In case, you want to disable this option for specific projects, uncheck Show machine translation suggestions in the project settings.
In order to configure the machine translation engines:
- Go to Resources in the menu bar
- Select Machine Translation
- Fill in the credentials of the preferred translation engine
- Click Update
Go to the Windows Azure Marketplace to obtain a Client ID and Client Secret. Use it for free, if you translate less than 2,000,000 characters per month.
Use your Yandex APIs Console to obtain your Yandex.Translate API key. Developers of small translation projects, which do not exceed 10,000,000 characters a month (and no more than 1,000,000 in 24 hours), can use the Yandex.Translate API for free.
Obtaining Google Translate API key
- Create or select a project.
Open your Google APIs Console page. Select an existing project if you have one.
To create a new project сlick Create Project, set a project name and click Create.
- Enable billing for your project.
Click on a Products and Services sign and choose Billing.
Choose or add your billing account. Then, click Set Account.
- Enable the Translation API. Go to API Manager and choose Dashboard. Then, click Enable API.
Click Translation API.
- Set up your API credentials.
Go to API Manager and choose Credentials.
Then click Create credentials and choose API key.
Copy the key and click Close.
Enabling Google Translate Premium Edition
- To sign up for the Beta complete the form.
Note: make sure to list the same project you used for integration with Crowdin.
- Wait for your request form to be reviewed and approved by Google.
- When your request is approved go back to Crowdin and tick the Enable Google Translate Premium Edition field.