Your Own Translators Team
This translation strategy embraces the involvement of your own translators team in the translation process. You can invite different translators to manage the project:
- In-house translators
- Freelancers you hire
- External language agencies you trust
If you choose to invite an external translation agency, you can promote a lead translator to the project manager and empower him to manage the project from the very beginning till the end.
Crowdsourcing is a method of involving the community to help with the translations on the voluntary basis or for the symbolic award. It is quite a popular and convenient translation technique, since there are no better experts in your software than its end users. Crowdin provides a bunch of tools that make the crowdsourcing process easy to accomplish. They are the following:
- Simple ways of inviting translators via the invitation link, direct email or social media
- Abuse report which prevents the violations in the translations
- Vote mode for translators with the help of which it is easy to choose the most appropriate translation
- Proofreading mode, in which the trusted translators do the translation review
- Communication channels: comments and private messages
Crowdin cooperates with several professional translation agencies. All the translators are certified linguists and native speakers, who are tutored to work in Crowdin. Professional translation is a paid service, where the approximate cost for your project is calculated or negotiated in the process of purchasing.