Integration with Atlassian Jira allows you to keep track of issues, related to the source strings and translations, reported by users working on the project translation in Crowdin.
Once the integration is set up 4 new issues will appear in your Jira dashboard. Each of these will be responsible for a different type of issue, that can be reported in Crowdin Editor and the summaries of these issues are the following:
- General issues reported in Crowdin
- Lack of context issues reported in Crowdin
- Translation issues reported in Crowdin
- Source string issues reported in Crowdin
Each issue reported in Crowdin would automatically become a sub-task to one of the issues mentioned above, based on its type.
Note: Integration turns off email notifications from Crowdin about the issue types that are synchronized.
In case you close one of the issues in Jira a new one would be created as soon as a new issue in Crowdin is reported.
Connecting Jira with Crowdin
- Open Project Settings, Integrations tab in Crowdin. Scroll down to the Jira Software section.
- Enter the Base URL of your Jira project and click Set Up Integration.
- Set up an Application Link in Jira.
Note: Only project administrators can set up Application Links.
- Go back to Crowdin and click Next in the Providing Access to Your Jira Project dialog.
- Enter the project key and select which types of Crowdin issues should be synchronized with your Jira project. Then manage the following Jira issue settings for the selected ones:
- Labels (Optional)
- Status – when the issue status in Jira is the one you choose here, an issue in Crowdin would be resolved automatically
Note: The status values that you can select are taken only from the Done status category in Jira.
- Click Save.
Once you set up the integration you would be able to synchronize issues if there are any. There would be a short message telling you how many issues aren’t synchronized yet. To synchronize them click Sync Issues.
To change the integration settings click Settings and apply the changes. New settings apply only to the newly synchronized issues. All the issues synchronized before would remain without any changes.
Note: In case you change the project key already synchronized issues would remain sub-tasks in Jira but wouldn’t be resolved in Crowdin automatically.
Deleting the Integration
To delete the integration click Delete Integration.
Note: All the synchronized issues would remain sub-tasks in Jira. They wouldn’t be resolved in Crowdin automatically.
Creating an Application Link
- Log in to Jira as a user with Jira Administrator permissions.
- Go to Jira settings → Products → Application Links.
- Enter URL of the domain name you use in Crowdin, then click Create new link.
- To finish configuring the link fill in the required fields:
- Application name: Crowdin Integration
- Application type: Generic Application
- Select Create incoming link box
- Consumer Key: Crowdin
- Consumer Name: Crowdin
- Public Key: <PUBLIC KEY> from Crowdin
Click Continue to finalize Application Link setup.