Crowdin’s integration with Atlassian JIRA allows you keep track of issues in the source strings reported by users working on the project translation in Crowdin.
Once the integration is set up there would be an issue named Source string mistakes reported in Crowdin created in JIRA. Each Mistake in the source string issue in Crowdin would automatically become a sub-task to the mentioned issue. Issues in Crowdin are resolved automatically when the issue status in JIRA is the one you set configuring the integration.
In case you close the Source string mistakes reported in Crowdin issue in JIRA a new one would be created as soon as Mistake in the source string issue in Crowdin is created.
Note: Integration turns off email notifications from Crowdin about Mistake in source string issues.
Connecting JIRA with Crowdin
- Open Project Settings, Integrations tab in Crowdin. Scroll down to the JIRA Software section
- Enter the Base URL of your JIRA project and click Set Up Integration
- Set up an Application Link in JIRA
Note: Only project administrators can set up Application Links
- Go back to Crowdin and click Next in the Providing Access to Your JIRA Project dialogue
- Manage JIRA issue settings:
- Project key
- Тип запроса
- Labels (Optional)
- Issue Status – when the issue status in JIRA is the one you choose here, an issue in Crowdin would be resolved automatically
- Кликните по кнопке Сохранить
Once you set up the integration you would be able to synchronize the mistake in the source string issues if there are any. There would be a short message telling you how many issues aren’t synchronized yet. To synchronize them click Sync Issues.
To change the integration settings click Settings and apply the changes. New settings apply only to the newly synchronized issues. All the issues synchronized before would remain without any changes.
Note: In case you change the project key already synchronized issues would remain sub-tasks in JIRA but wouldn’t be resolved in Crowdin automatically.
Deleting the Integration
To delete the integration click Delete Integration.
Note: All the synchronized issues would remain sub-tasks in JIRA. They wouldn’t be resolved in Crowdin automatically.
Creating an Application Link
- Log in to JIRA as a user with JIRA Administrator permissions.
- Open JIRA settings: Administration → Applications → Application Links
- Enter URL of the domain name you use in Crowdin, then click Create new link
- To finish configuring the link fill in the required fields:
- Application name: Crowdin Integration
- Mark the Create incoming link box
- Consumer Key: Crowdin
- Consumer Name: Crowdin
- Public Key: