You can configure the project settings according to your needs. For this, go to the tab.
- Public - any user may search for the project and join it
- Private - projects can not be found via search engines and Crowdin search, only the invited users can join the project
Languages Access Policy
If the option Limited Access to the Languages is active, translator should send a request to join the translation team of the preferred language. After the review, a project manager or proofreader can approve/decline the request.
While exporting translations, by default, Crowdin uses source texts for the untranslated strings.
Activating Skip Untranslated Strings, you can exclude strings without translations.
Export Only Approved Translations means that your translated files will contain only the strings that were reviewed by a proofreader.
Automatically Fill in the Regional Dialects option is useful when the project is translated into the language dialects (e.g. Portuguese, Brazilian). Translations from Portuguese will be automatically copied to untranslated strings in Portuguese, Brazilian during the download.
In case your project contains duplicated strings, you can choose how the system should treat them:
- Show - duplicated strings won’t be hidden; translators should translate each string manually;
- Show, but auto-translate them – duplicated strings won’t be hidden, though they will be automatically translated. Once the string is translated, its translation is automatically shared between the duplicates. Translators may review and re-translate those strings if necessary;
- Show (recommended for versions) – duplicates are hidden only across the version branches, so only the new strings will be visible to the translators in the latest branch.
- Hide – duplicated strings won’t be displayed for the translators on the translation page. One-time translation is required, translation of the phrase/word will be automatically applied to its duplicates while export.
- Notify translators about new strings – translators will receive an email notification about newly added content for translation each time after the update. The Receive emails option should be activated in the translator’s profile.
- Notify project managers about new strings – project managers will receive an email notification about newly added content for translation each time after the update.
- Notify project managers about language translation/validation completion – project managers will receive the notification when some target language (all source files) is fully translated or fully validated.
Machine Translation Suggestions
When the Show Machine Translation Suggestions option is checked, machine translation engines such as Microsoft Translator, Google Translate, and Yandex.Translate will be displayed in the editor. The project owner should configure machine translation engines before using them.
This option allows you to publish your Crowdin project on your own domain name.
To set-up a custom domain:
- Create a necessary domain in the domain name registrar
- Create CNAME record for this domain name that will be pointed to cname.crowdin.com
- Go to the Crowdin Project Settings, fill Custom Domain field with created domain name