Pre-translation helps to speed up the translation process and ease the work of translators. It also allows to save funds as part of translations can be automated. You can use two pre-translation types in Crowdin Enterprise:
- Machine Translation (MT) Pre-translate – takes translations from supported machine translation engines (MTE) and applies them to the project content. You need to configure at least one of the translation engines to enable this feature.
Read more about Machine Translation Engines.
- Translation Memory (TM) Pre-translate – takes translations from the TM vault uploaded to the system and applies them to project content.
Read more about Translation Memory.
Choose a pre-translation method that will work best for your specific project.
Allows to reuse previously made translations to:
- speed up the localization process, as translators will have fewer texts to translate
- keep project consistency, as all the repeating texts will share the same translations
- save up, as the volume of translatable texts will be smaller
Use this method in case you have small projects with straightforward content. Connect MT engine and do a pre-translation with a couple of clicks to ease the translation process. As soon as it’s done, you may review the texts yourself or invite a professional proofreader.
To make pre-translation follow these steps:
- Go to the Project home window.
- Click Pre-Translate in the top right corner and choose the pre-translation method.
- Select settings for pre-translation.
- For TM pre-translate:
- target languages
- pre-translation parameters (minimum match ratio, strings for translation, and approval options)
- For MT pre-translate:
- MT engine
- target languages
- resulting string status
- Click Pre-Translate.
Note: If the auto-substitution feature is enabled when pre-translating via TM, TM suggestions improved to 100% will be treated as regular 100% matches.
You may check the resulting window as soon as you confirm pre-translation.
To check the details and see what exact strings were translated go to the Activity tab. You may also use Undo button to cancel pre-translation for a specific string.