Localize the project materials with all the graphics (pictures, logos, non-textual files) in one place. File formats that are not supported by Crowdin Enterprise (e.g., .png, .pdf, .jpeg) will be uploaded as the assets.
There is an option to add custom formats instead of using assets. Get in touch with our support team
to know more details or workarounds available.
You may upload assets and make all localization data accessible for translators in Crowdin Enterprise. This helps to:
- keep a team united as all translation data is stored under the same roof
- avoid miscommunication as you may provide detailed translation instructions for project members by adding context
- ease the integration of translated content back online, as the initial file formats will be preserved
To work with assets follow these steps:
- Upload files to Crowdin Enterpise.
- Add necessary references for the translators to understand how the translations should be done. Use Context for additional details.
- Allow translators to download the files. For this go to the Project Settings and enable files download under Translations section.
- Translators will download the files, localize them offline and upload the translated versions back.
- Download the translations separately for each asset as shown below or for the whole project at once.
Assets in .txt file format
Some unsupported text formats (e.g. .toc, .adoc, .gitignore) will be imported as .txt files to Crowdin Enterprise.
Preview in along with strings view will be available in Editor. Users can translate such files in Crowdin Enterprise directly.